Saturday, August 30, 2008

New look and giveaway!

Ah, finally. I have been talking about re-launching this blog ever since Ry interviewed me.

I had been keeping this blog as sort of a side project, a place to share some random recipes I didn't want to include in my main blog, Diary of an Unlikely Housewife.

However I decided it was time to give this blog it's own look and its own direction, and a little "launch party" to start it off anew. To celebrate that, I am hosting my very first giveaway!

The prizes are of course related to cooking: 2 beautiful hardbound cookbooks! Take a peek:
Thai: a culinary journey of discovery Cupcakes


To participate in the giveaway, all you have to do is vote in this poll:


After voting, you can get additional entries if you:
- link to this blog (using the graphic I provided on my sidebar)
- subscribe to my RSS feed
- subscribe to the RSS feed of my other blog, Diary of an Unlikely Housewife
- post about this giveaway on your blog using this graphic (code provided):





Please post additional comments if you do any of the above, and please include your cookbook preference, as well as your blog address and/or e-mail address so I can get in touch with you if you win!

This giveaway will end on Monday, September 15th. Winners will be posted here as well.

Good luck!

29 comments:

Henry said...

voted and subscribed

Anonymous said...

I voted!

Mandi said...

I voted and subbed to both blogs! I'd love to win a new cookbook! Love the blog by the way!

Mandi said...

Not sure if the last comment went through (got a page error) but I also added the button to my {Mandi Speaks} blog!

Anonymous said...

I voted.

kamewh said...

Voted and subscribed to your feed!

Alyce said...

I voted. I would have to choose the Thai cookbook because I've always been a little intimidated by Thai food. I've only eaten it once and it was wonderful, but it seems like it would be hard to recreate. I would love to give it a try.

akreese (at) hotmail (dot) com

Alyce said...

I subscribed to your "Diary of an Unlikely Housewife" feed.

akreese (at) hotmail (dot) com

Alyce said...

I subscribed to this feed (Kitchen blog).

akreese(at) hotmail (dot) com

The Mom Jen said...

Hi Entrecard friend!! ;) Love the new site, I voted!

The Mom Jen said...

I subscribed to you through bloglines on this site!

The Mom Jen said...

AND ;) I subscribed to your Diary of an Unlikely Housewife as well!

Thanks for the chance, the cupcake book looks so yummy!!

Kelly said...

Voted and will subscribe to both feeds. :)

Shell said...

I just voted. The cupcake book looks delicious. I have a serious sweet tooth.

Anonymous said...

hi, new here. i voted and subscribed.

pretty cool giveaway.

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, you wanted to know stuff..lol.

cupcake cookbook if i win. (wee!!)
and my email addy is kimmyk_85@yahoo.com

thanks!

Anonymous said...

Voted! I'd love to learn how to cook Thai food! Enter me for the Thai cookbook!

You can contact me via my blog - http://mymundanemusings.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Subscribed to the RSS feed as well.

Ivy Grace Wild said...

I voted in the poll, and I'd prefer the cupcake book, but I'd like either.

ivorygrace7@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Yay for giveaways! I voted. I'd prefer the cupcake cookbook. Thanks for hosting!

My blog is http://americanmum.blgospot.com and I'm hosting a t-shirt giveaway here!

Heidi said...

Voted! And I am about to actually take a class in a new cuisine, so the poll was rather easy for me. I would love the Thai book, and promise to invite you over to sample.

sues2u2 said...

I voted. I'd prefer the cupcake book. Viva la cupcakes!!

my blog is

http://mymusingsaboutus.blogspot.com

Thanks for the fun!

Anonymous said...

I voted, and I like the Thai book :)

3boys247 said...

Fun! What a great poll. I would love either cookbook.

G. said...

I voted, subscribed to both feeds, and the email subscription, posted the widget on my blog and Linked to the giveaway on my food blog...I think that's everything. :) I'd love the Thai cookbook!
Thanks.

Jennifer said...

I voted. I'll do the other stuff a little later.

Laurin (@LaurinEvans) said...

I voted and subscribed. Cupcakes, please!

Larissa said...

I voted, and subscribed to both of your blogs (because you're that awesome!).

Thai, please!

Anonymous said...

cupcakes! Yum!