Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Let them have sauce

Look at that. I promised I'd post a sauce recipe, and I never managed to finish the post – been too busy. With another blog to keep updated, two children, a husband, a few attempts at a social life and now the holiday season... life often gets in the way of doing things we'd like to do. BUT it should never get in the way of us eating decent food. I promised sauce, sauce you'll have! Only, not mine :-)

I'm giving away 3 Bertolli Premium Pasta Sauce pouches to a lucky reader of Unlikely Housewife in the Kitchen!



Made in a convenient microwavable pouch that protects fresh taste, these delicious, restaurant-quality sauces are ready in 90 seconds. Great for those who have a busy life but gourmet tastes! Quick and easy to prepare, allowing you more time to savor and enjoy – and you can use them to complement your favorite pasta or as the start of a great chicken, steak or fish dish.

But how can you take full advantage of these microwavable pouches? You'll need a microwave, of course. Which is why the giveaway also includes a GE microwave oven with the following features:

- 1.1 cu. ft. capacity, 1,100 Watts, Turntable for even cooking
- Convenience cooking controls — cooking and reheating at the touch of a button
- Auto and Time Defrost — automatically defrosts for a specified amount of time
- Timer On/Off — optional reminder signals when meals are done
- Child lock out — enables you to lock the keypad to prevent the oven from being accidentally started

To enter this giveaway, all you have to do is answer this question: what is your favorite sauce? Please share by posting a comment below.

You may get additional entries by doing any of the following things:
- blog about this giveaway (2 extra entries)
- Tweet about this giveaway (1 extra entry)
- place this graphic on your sidebar (2 extra entries)





Please post a new comment for each thing you do, and add URL of blog post, tweet or location of graphic (blog) as applicable. The giveaway will run through January 6, 2009. Open only to US residents.

Best of luck to everyone!

91 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh my yum! And a new microwave. Holy cow could I use that. Our display is out on our microwave and that makes it a bit difficult to use ;-)

My favorite sauce is a simple heavy cream, roasted garlic,butter, with minced green onions and a dash of cinnamon. It's yummy! over plain noodles.

Carolyn G said...

My favorite sauce is a simple marinara. Yes, boring but there is nothing better over any type of pasta.

Thanks for the giveaway.

Elle said...

Nice giveaway! My favorite sauce at the moment is ragu alla bolognese.

Elle said...

Ok, your graphic is now in my sidebar. :)

Elle said...

And now you're Twittered! :)

Jami said...

I love the marinara because it is so interchangeable! Great Giveaway!!!

Jami said...

Blogged your great giveaway here--- http://confessions-stayathomemom.blogspot.com/2008/12/giveaways-galore.html

Kate Wilkinson said...

Oh Bertolli how you make me salivate. All your succulent sauces go perfectly with any pasta or meat. But if I were to choose Bolognese will always have my heart. Nothing like a good meat sauce that holds your fork straight up when stabbed.

Kate Wilkinson said...

and now you're twittered!

http://twitter.com/wilkinsonjk/status/1068106789

Leah said...

I'd love to win this since my microwave is almost broken.. I love GE!!

My favorite sauce is the Pecorino Romano & aglio!! It's so yummy just with little bow ties!

Jessica Price/Bella Valentina Photography said...

I'm also a simple marinara lover! And my sister's microwave just broke so I'd love to win this for sure!

jessica at bellavalentinaphotography dot com

Janelle said...

Thanks so much for the giveaway! My favorite sauce is light alfredo, but I love a good tomato-based sauce, too!!

Janelle said...

I twittered!!! Here is a link: http://twitter.com/JanelleKC . Thanks again!

Janelle said...

And your graphic is in my sidebar at http://themonkeyroom.blogspot.com !

Janelle said...

And now I have blogged about the giveaway. You can see the posting at: http://themonkeyroom.blogspot.com/2008/12/want-chance-at-free-microwave.html

Thanks a bunch!!

Sommer said...

My favorite sauce is garlic marinera.

This would be a blessing as we do not have a microwave.

thanks

zmama said...

Pesto. It's to die for :D

Liz said...

My favorite sauce is alla panna, which is an alfredo type sauce, with some tomato mixed in! Yum! I really love any pasta and sauce mixture. Thanks so much

Liz said...

I left a tweet about this on twitter! http://twitter.com/lizzydear/status/1071586479
I'm lizzydear

Liz said...

I have put your graphic in my sidebar. Thanks

kpmomma said...

I love a really creamy Alfredo Sauce. That would have to be my favorite! :)

kpmomma said...

I've tweeted about your giveaway.

http://twitter.com/Kpmomma/status/1071597569

Thanks for the opportunity!

kpmomma said...

I've placed your widget on my side bar. It's at the top just under the Free Coffee widget:

www.kpmomma.blogspot.com

{ Lana Cox } said...

Pesto is the best but I love marenera and alfredo also.

Jennifer said...

I love Alfredo sauce and my microwave is a piece of crap! I need this!

jls_wss2003 at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

My favorite is alfredo!
mitanari[at]yahoo.com

Ali said...

Hmm...I would say my favorite sauce is a spicy alfredo type of sauce. Not sure there is an official name for that. :)

My email address is listed in my blog profile. :)

Anonymous said...

I love 4 cheese marinara sauce! Yum!
mandalyn927@yahoo.com

judybrittle said...

What an awesome giveaway! I just love Alfredo sauce. It is so good! Thank you so very much!

Joansy said...

My favorite sauce right now for pasta is a creamy vodka sauce with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Thanks for the giveaway opportunity!
Joan

Crystal said...

I new microwave would be awesome. My favorite sauce is vodka sauce - delish.

valerie2350 said...

my fav is alfredo :)

valerie2350 said...

blogged it entry 1
http://sweeps4bloggers.blogspot.com/2008/12/unlikelyhousewife-bertolli-giveaway.html

valerie2350 said...

blogged it entry 2
http://sweeps4bloggers.blogspot.com/2008/12/unlikelyhousewife-bertolli-giveaway.html

valerie2350 said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/valerie2350/status/1073063008

Jenna said...

I buy Ragu spaghetti sauce. I am sure this is much better. I would love to try it. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

a simple marinara sauce.......

Jayme said...

i love a simple marinara sauce!

jayme[dot]bouwens@yahoo[dot]com

TheKate said...

Sweet Corn sauce

Unknown said...

Another marinara fan here. I change it up by adding cream &/or changing the spices.

Brn2lisn said...

Really nice giveaway, my favorite sauce is Alfredo

brn2lisn(at)gmail(dot)com

Topher said...

I'd have to agree that I'm a simple marinara sauce guy.

jceko77 said...

alfredo
jceko77@yahoo.com

Deborah said...

My favorite sauce is my good old "Sunday Gravy" which is a tomato sauce with meatballs, sausage and whatever other meat tickles my fancy at any given moment. Everything's cooked together for several hours and yum! asthenight at gmail dot com

Carolyn Sharkas said...

My favorite sauce is definitely Alfredo. Hands down.

thanks for sharing

ceashark at aol dot com

herblady said...

I like a simple marinara sauce that I can add my own veggies to. It's lowfat and healthy! When my herbs are going strong, I like to make a nice pesto, which goes well with just about everything.
Thank you for the chance to win!

hrbeck_98 (at) yahoo (dot) com

herblady said...

I don't blog, tweet or have a sidebar, but I did just subscribe by email, if that counts.


hrbeck_98 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Reva Skie said...

I love, love, love, a good vodka sauce. Chunky vodka sauce is even better.

janetfaye said...

My favorite sauce is my homemade Marinara.

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

janetfaye said...

Graphic is on my sidebar:
http://luckygiveaways.blogspot.com/

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

janetfaye said...

I blogged here:

http://luckygiveaways.blogspot.com/2008/12/let-them-have-sauce-giveaway.html

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

janetfaye said...

I sent a tweet:

http://twitter.com/janetfaye/status/1077772077

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

Plowlady said...

my all time favorite sauce is greek spaghetti sauce...it's a thick, meaty sauce with a hint of cinnamon or nutmeg and let me tell ya, it's DELICIOUS!

mariannakeough at hotmail.com

Sherrylinn said...

My husband makes a homemade sauce that is the absolute bomb! (marinara sauce)

Sherrylinn said...

I blogged here:

http://cremerfamily.blogspot.com/

Sherrylinn said...

I tweeted here:

http://twitter.com/Sherrylinn/status/1078161779

Sherrylinn said...

I have your giveaway button here:

http://cremerfamily.blogspot.com/

comment 2

Dawn said...

I'm pretty simple I like the crushed tomatoe and basil flavor.

Unknown said...

I just like any old regular pasta sauce.

Unknown said...

I put the contest on my sidebar!
(http://schweetnsavory.blogspot.com)

Ginny said...

blogged http://momcontests.blogspot.com/2008/12/ge-microwave-oven.html

Anya said...

My favorite is anything with garlic and cream. Thanks for the chance to win.

Anonymous said...

My favorite is home made tomato based sauce!

Emmett McCarty Cullen said...

Great giveaway! We do not have a microwave, so this would be great! I love cheesy sauces, like asiago cheese and the like.

Nessa said...

The graphic is now in my sidebar!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, a red sauce that's thick and rich and spicy. Yum. Love some olives in there as well.

Anonymous said...

Tweet!
http://twitter.com/kimberlyS/status/1084459620

Misty said...

oh... my favorite sauce is any kind of cheese sauce. heheheh. gotta love cheese.
mommy2skie@yahoo.com

Misty said...

got your graphic on my sidebar.
mommy2skie@yahoo.com

Shamrocker99 said...

My favorite sauce is the kind they serve at any restaurant that I don't have to make myself! If I do have to make it myself, I like Prego! Shamrocker99 at aol dot com

Shamrocker99 said...

Tweeted! http://twitter.com/Shamrocker99/status/1084778904

Shamrocker99 said...

Blog button added to my blog! http://shamrocker99.blogspot.com

Shamrocker99 said...

Blogged the giveaway! http://shamrocker99.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Bolognese, for sure, with some yummy quality cheese grated/shaved on top.

Anonymous said...

I love vodka cream sauce. That has got to be my favorite sauce. A new microwave would be awesome! Thanks for a great giveaway.

Rajee said...

I love any both creamy sauce and red-hot sauce. First I used to make both sauces to warm me up for this winter, white creamy sauce-first and the second one is red-hot sauce.
I added it in my sidebar and blogged it in the main entrance of my blog as exotickitchen.blogspot.com. Pls let me know whether I need any correction.
I pray to God to win these valuable gifts for New Year 2009. Wish you and your family a very Happy New Year with peace, happiness and prosperity till eternity.

Cher said...

I love Four Cheese Marinara!

Thanks!

Rajee said...

Yesterday, I wrote comments and dont know what happened. I love all those sauces both creamy and spicy. Great giveaway! I've added u both in my blog and sidebar. Pls response me whether u got it from me. Pls visit the main entry
http://exotickitchen.blogspot.com/
Pls response me.

Queenie Jeannie said...

OH SWEET!!!! My microwave just crapped out on me - perfect timing!

I haven't tried the Bertolli products yet but love the commercials!!

I usually make my own sauces (I have a diet cookbook!), but when I don't have time I like Prego, one of the chunky vegetable ones.

mindy said...

scampi thanks for the contest minsthins(at)optonline(dot)net

tattwo said...

My favorite sauce is Alfredo. I'm sure it's the highest in calories too. Oh well, it's worth it. Thanks for the giveaway.

tlcfromtn said...

Marinara sauce is my favorite. It can be used in so many ways with so many things. Thanks!

braaisjo at gmail dot com

Minute said...

My favorite is cheese sauce.

Anonymous said...

With Asian food- Fish Sauce.
Any other day- Anything with garlic!
ashlomb at yahoo dot com

Candie L said...

I am starting to love Alfredo sauce. I used to hate it, but age is catching up with me and now I absolutely love it.

candieluster(at)gmail(dot)com

Diana D said...

I love marinara sauce.

dianad8008 AT gmail DOT com

rrshep said...

I love the marinara sauce.

Angela C said...

Garlic cream sauce

guru said...

Marinara sauce is my favorite.

Marie said...

It may not be very exciting but I love a really good Alfredo sauce!

vmlay@artsci.wustl.edu

Ali said...

I like red sauces with green and black olives in it, I'm sure it has a proper name but I don't know it!